Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 16 of 365

House work
Doesn't look like we'll be sleeping in our bedroom tonight (or tomorrow night or the next night...)!
I don't usually like to add too many words (but will today). This corner of the house is the original part of the house, built just after WW2. It was tiny! The doorway looking part was where a fireplace was. It's all wooden framing with wooden weatherboards on the outside. Fairly standard in NZ. Joanne, there was NO insulation in any of these walls or ceiling - no wonder we get cold at times!
See you tomorrow!
Raewyn

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Raewyn, I am looking forward to seeing the progress. You must be very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - no insulation!
    Can't wait to see the finish - I am sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckly you are a quilter too so lots of quilts to keep you warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to today.