Monday, January 29, 2024

Day 28 of 2024

 One of those days when none of my photos inspire me!
I had tried to quieten down *these* two young pullets by caging them and getting them used to being handled.
I tried for about a week and gave up as I was making very little progress and seemed to be freaking them out more than taming them. I have also read that the Leghorn breed can be nervous and flighty and don't enjoy being handled.
SO, I doubt that I will ever see them pecking out of the feed bucket right next to me like the Shavers.

See you tomorrow,
Raewyn

3 comments:

  1. Nice little post about attempts to tame differing breeds of chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess the Shavers end up with a good fed while that others wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bugger............
    I have Isa Browns some of them are so quiet I will fall over them if not looking as they drop at my feet........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to today.